Essential oils, are so different for me in the profession of massage. But, even when I am not massaging I keep them on me or around me :)! My Top 5 are:
1. Lemon: we add it to our water through out the day, and even use it as a pep when the 3 p.m. struggles hit.
2. Lavender: Because we could all use a little relaxation and ease in our day to day life. It is a phenomenal oil to diffuse prior to bed, or while riding in the car :)!
3. Dr Bob's or a Mint oil: Cornmint (Mountain Rose) and Dr Bobs (blue poppy) are very minty and should not be used around your eyes or sensitive areas. That being said, I cannot take pain medication, and use with heat/ice to take the edge of the days aches and pains.
4. Melaleuca: It is a very potent medicinal oil. And, boy does it smell like it. Phew... But, I swear by it, in case of a skin reaction (I have psoriasis), or minor bug bites, tiny scrapes, and burns.
5. Is such a toss up! But it depends on the time of year. I love Balance, On Guard, and Breathe equally. So for allergy season, Breathe; Cold Season, On Guard; And since allergy season is all year for me, Balance is usually diffused at night or in the car!
Honestly, as long as you do not react to any of the oils you use; there is no wrong oil. You just want to make sure you use them on a consistent basis for a more holistic way of life :)!